Titanic Studios is one of Europe’s largest film studios, attracting producers such as HBO, Universal and Playtone.
The facility has welcomed international productions including ‘Game of Thrones’, ‘Your Highness’ and ‘City of Ember’.
Titanic Studios and post-production facilities are the cornerstone of Titanic Quarter’s growing Media Campus.
the greatest television show in history
With a combined set area of 106,000 sq.ft., Titanic Studios has been the main studio and post-production facility for all eight series of HBO's fantasy series Game of Thrones, establishing Northern Ireland as a world-class location for film and TV production.
The paint hall
- Originally part of the Harland and Wolff shipyard,
the Paint Hall contains 4 x 16,000ft² “cells”, set out in a square connected by an internal road and streets
- Each cell measures 90ft high and has one 3ft thick external “wall” that is actually a 75ft high door
- None of the cell ceilings is external and the building is “double-skinned” reducing noise pollution
- The facility offers a suite of offices, workshops, a green room and its own internal electrical substation which provides 110v, 240v and 3 phase power to the whole building.
THE HURST & MacQuitty STAGES
- Two new purpose-built sound stages adjacent to the Paint Hall opened in 2012
- Two large free-span spaces, each 21,000ft², capable of combined use as one large space of 42,000ft².
- Eaves’ height of approximately 43ft.
- Space incorporates high performance acoustic fabric, high-level walkways and rigging gantries with power, lighting and internal environment options to suit the full spectrum of film production uses.
- Tax breaks for high-end television drama and animation